Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Gothenburg

Yesterday I had the day off training and had the chance to visit the city of Gothenburg for the first time. Going to Gothenburg is something I've wanted to do for a while, since it's the closest large Swedish city to Oslo. There weren't any particular reasons I wanted to visit Gothenburg, I mostly just wanted the chance to see the city, as I'm always interested to check out new places when I have the chance. It was about a 3.5 hour drive each way, which really wasn't too bad. Gothenburg seemed different than Oslo, but also very similar in some ways. The main shopping district had all the same shops as Oslo, although everything was a bit cheaper. Norwegians usually rave about the amazing prices in Sweden, but I honestly didn't see a huge difference. I would have liked to have had more time to check out the city, as I'm sure I missed out on seeing a few main attractions. However I'm really happy I had the chance to go and can now say I've seen Gothenburg in person. It seems like a nice city and hopefully I'll get a chance to return sometime soon. Check out my pictures of the city below. 










No comments:

Post a Comment