Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer Camps

So it’s been a busy couple of weeks for me since I last wrote. I’ve been working really hard in training as usual, and we have been training a lot. On top of that I’ve been putting in an effort to get in the gym and lift weights as much as possible, so I’ve been feeling pretty tired lately. We've also had a few other activities outside of training to keep us busy the last two weeks...

Last week the club held summer football camps, which all of the players at the club coached at. When I found out I had to do two days of coaching I wasn’t too sure what to think. I really enjoy coaching, but I thought it would be a different challenge this time since I didn’t think the kids would be able to understand me. I was with a group of 11-13 year olds the first day and they all understood everything that I said. They all spoke almost perfect English, it was pretty impressive. The next day I was with a group of 7-8 year olds and it was a bit more of a challenge. But the kids seemed pretty excited that I was from Canada. They understood the basics and I was able to get my point across and we were able to talk about favorite teams, favorite players, etc, so it was a good day and I think the kids had fun all week.

The week before that, we were all told that we had a team activity after training one day and I didn’t really know what we were doing. All the players in the First and Reserve team were split into groups and given areas of town to go to and hand out tickets and club flags for people to put up on game days. I think this was a pretty good idea from the club to bring in more fans and it definitely seemed like it worked for the home game last weekend; at least it looked like there were a lot more fans there then there had been in recent weeks. Unfortunately the first team lost 2-0. Hopefully the fans were happy about their free tickets and continue to come out and support the club.

I have tomorrow off, which I'm really looking forward to... Next week we have a full week of training, which should be pretty intense. I'm going to try and update this more often, so keep an eye out for more posts this week!

Robbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment