Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vinter i Oslo (Winter in Oslo)

I woke up this morning slightly annoyed to find it was snowing pretty hard. Quite a bit of snow remained on the ground this week from earlier, but before today it hadn't snowed in a few weeks and I thought we had seen the last of it for the year. Even though the snow is still coming down tonight, I'm hoping this truly is the last snow fall of the year. This has been my first winter in Norway and it definitely is different to the winters I'm used to in White Rock, BC. For me the snow isn't so bad, but the ice is really hard to deal with. Some of the sidewalks are so icy, you actually have to slide your way around. It was fun the first couple of times, but after a while it gets really annoying (especially after falling a few times). Today I was a bit bored because I had the day off training, so I decided to go and get a few things done in the city and I took a few pictures on my way. So this is how Oslo looks in March... Hoping for some warmer weather soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment