Monday, April 9, 2012

Skiing in Åre, Sweden

Keeping up with Norwegians on skis is a major challenge to say the least! Over the Easter break I had the chance to go across the Swedish border to Åre, and spend a day on the slopes with family and friends. Åre is a skiing town/village which comes alive during the winter, and is considered to be one of the best places to ski in all of Scandinavia. The Alpine World Championships were held here in 1954 and more recently in 2007, and you can see why. The skiing was amazing and I had a fantastic day checking out the various hills at the mountain; it's a day I'll remember for a long time. After chasing a bunch of talented skiers downhill all day, I was happy to make it home in one piece! I hope that I'll get a chance to visit Åre again in the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment